perjantai 1. lokakuuta 2010

Neuroticfish

Well, I got a feeling that I should introduce myself first, right?
It's probably the best way that you get an proper image out of me before you start reading my blogs, heh?
well anyway, Basic facts, I'm 15 years old, and I'm a music addict. I love many different of music, or well, I could say that everything goes, it really depends that in what mood I happen to be in. So basically I listen to Lady gaga to Cradle of Filth. So, I don't usually count that I like any genre specially. But well anyway, I'm from Finland, and I love to cosplay,  draw, zombies, games (especially Valve's games. ♥) and animations. And I'm open minded to everything, and I am ready to fight for human rights on this earth, and I'm especially open minded for sexual orientations and all, it doesn't really matter in my world if you are straight, gay or bi. or even pan. Seriously, it shouldn't matter and it will never matter in my world. But well anyway, I have decided that I'll write about bands and my opinions about their music in this blog, and all, so if you want me to have my opinion on something, please don't be afraid to comment and tell me about what I should be writing about. But well anyway, I'll start today with Neuroticfish. 

Neuroticfish

Neuroticfish was from german, and their main genres was synthpop, electronic body music and future pop. Neuroticfish  was a musical project still when they went on with doing electronical body music and all. 
Neuroticfish, and the one behind it, Sascha Mario Klein, was active on the years 1998 to 2008, so it isn't so many years ago when he ended up with this simply brilliant and amazing project. 
Sascha's musical inspirations usually came from Depeche Mode, Skinny Puppy, Nine inch Nails and The Cure. As for many our surprises,After Neuroticfish was born, Klein did not make the typical efforts of a musician to send out a demo; instead, he relied on the internet as a medium of expression for his music  He began to experiment with his own electronic music in the early 90's. 

Did you know....
  • That Neuroticfish began to gain popularity on the club scene's?
  • That Klein announced on his internet page that his project would be closed after his last performance at at the 2008 edition of the Wave-Gotik-Treffen festival in Liepzig, Germany?
But well, shall we move on now to the music, heh?
So, here we have three example's out of Klein's music.
 
As we notice, he took much inspiration out of the Darkwave and EBM (Electronical Body Music) to his music. I really love the effects he was using in this song, and the lyrics are great, there's not much I could be complaining about that, but just one little fact disturbs me, that this reminds me awfully much out of Depeche Mode's music what they have done, a bit maybe like their song "Strangelove" or "Enjoy the Silence". Well, that last one I can just say that I'm just saying.  But well anyway, I can just say he did great choice with the special effects in this piece, and especially the rythm isn't too quick as in some darkwave songs, because the too quick rythm usually destroys the atmosphere of the feeling of darkwave and EBM music. But well moving on, shall we?
 
Well, I gotta admit, I can't get over this song, the lyrics are just simply stunning! And the melody he has used in this piece is just simply amazing (though the creepy fact that the weird feeling of Depeche Mode is creeping in my mind as I listen to this song, due it reminds me so much out of them). But why did I choose this song? Because the lyrics. There's a deeper meaning, not as other's believe the meaning in this song is; as Prostitution is cool. Because that's what this is NOT about. This is about that being a prostitute is NOT cool in any freaking way. Klein is in fact singing in this amazing piece that "Expect you'll never see, My face behind my Decency." and "Feel free to conquer me, But what you want I'll never be." Do I need to explain the meaning closer? Well, if you wanna, I can explain my point of view closer later on. But I do believe we all knows what it means in reality. But well anyway, out of the meaning, the song itself. I really like the effect Klein added in the beginning, it gives it a much more cooler atmosphere, and this song is very very VERY addicting, maybe too much addicting to be all honest myself. The melody is great, but it is a bit... plain somehow should I say? I mean, it could change maybe a bit, it is quite close to this same techno as all the rest, but there's some details which makes the difference in this song from normal techno songs.

to be all honest, this song made me why I get into Klein's music and projects. To be all honest, I like this one better from the original one which  was made by Napoleon XIV. The effects are more attaching and the bass effect is very very very addicting in every single freaking way, which scares a bit. Some people can find this humorous, when again someone else can find this song very creepy and people might feel quite anxious about it's content. But what opinion I am about that? This is the best tribute for insane people! Honestly, though this one is a cover, it doesn't really matter in the longer track and all. 

So well, over all, my rating for Neuroticfish?

****
4 stars. There's some things what could have been changed, but overall, Klein is very talented, and the music he made is still very attaching these days, and people keeps listening to his works even still today, though he doesn't work with this project anymore. Who knows? Maybe he'll return one day with some new works? Well, to be honest myself, I a bit doubt that.
 
Albums from Neuroticfish
Studio Albums
  • No instruments (1999)
  • Les Chansons Neurotiques (2002)
  • Gelb (2005)
 Singles, EPs, Compilations etc.
Les Chansons Neurotiques Cover
  • M.F.A.P.L. (2000)
  • Velocity N1 (2000)
  • WakeMeUp (2001)
  • Sushi (2001)
  • Prostitute (2002)
  • Need/It's not me (2003)
  • Surimi (2003)
  • Bomb (2004)
  • A greater Good (History 1998-2008) (2008)
 

but for more information about Neuroticfish please visit his websites!
 
Information can be found from here:
 
I hope you enjoyed my first blog here, and I wish you a good evening, see you next week on friday!



3 kommenttia:

  1. Oi, tätä kyllä lähden enemmänkin tutkimaan. Heti kun luin että on vaikutteita sekä Depeche Modesta ( minun henkilökohtainen suosikkibändi koskaan ) sekä The Curesta, kiinnostuin kyllä heti. Tätä oli tosi kiva lukea, ja odotan kyllä innolla lisää !

    VastaaPoista
  2. Oij, Olen todellakin iloinen että joku vaivautui lukemaan tätä blogia, ja oikeasti kirjoittaa ja pistää respondea tulemaan!
    Ja Depeche Modesta sen verran, ettäheillä on todellakin törkeän hyvää musiikkia, ja varsinkin mun henkiläkohtainen suosikki Depeche Modelta on "Personal Jesus" Lyriikat siinä kappaleessa on todella hienot. Ja olen tässä kanssa miettinyt että aijon kirjoittaa heistä jossain vaiheessa jonkin arvesostelun, että jos kiinnostaa, stay tuned :D

    VastaaPoista
  3. Oi, Depeche Mode arvostelua odotellessa !

    Ja tuli tässä mieleen, että saattaisit ehkä tykätä bändistä nimeltä De/Vision. Saksalainen bändi mikä tekee kanssa elektronista musiikkia ja saanut vaikutteita DM:ltä. Olen bändiä useammankin levyn verran kuunnellut ja hyvää materiaalia on !

    VastaaPoista